About Comments

Comments are enabled on all postings. Click a posting to find the comment box. Comments are moderated and appear after my review.

Saturday 21 May 2016

Project 16 - Up Headshunt

Looking back at the proposed track plan in Part 1 there are three single turnouts ahead of the Up Headshunt. When I came to convey the plan to the baseboards I found that the one of the turnouts spanned the bridging baseboard and the headshunt itself was far too short. This will not do.

The solution was to replace two of the turnouts with a three way and to my surprise when I looked again at the real Crewkerne track plan I found a three way in use there as well! It is documented that Crewkerne suffered with space constraints and complex track arrangements like this were deployed to fit everything in.

To Part 22.

To Part 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...