About Comments

Comments are enabled on all postings. Click a posting to find the comment box. Comments are moderated and appear after my review.

Friday 28 June 2024

East Somerset Railway - Cranmore Station

On the face of it, a small heritage station and 3 miles of track suggests there will be little to see. On the contrary, there is plenty there to satisfy the enthusiast.

I knew that David Shepherd, the wildlife and railway artist was associated with this line because two locomotives he owned ran on it but, I did not know he had founded this heritage railway having acquired and initiated development of the site.

I met David, who graciously gave me his autograph, at a model railway exhibition in Farnborough many years ago where he was showing some of his locomotive paintings.

What came as a great surprise to me upon visiting this railway was that he was also a railway modeller and had created a 3mm scale layout, part of which is now displayed at the station.




Our ride was on the lines Class108 DMU

Ivatt Class 2 46447



A small selection of their extensive stock



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...