About Comments

Comments are enabled on all postings. Click a posting to find the comment box. Comments are moderated and appear after my review.

Wednesday 14 August 2024

Project 24 - Battledown Flyover #13 (A Close Call)

Track and cork underlay are reused from the previous layout. Both are glued down using 'Copydex' since they will peel off easily for reuse if required.

About halfway through laying I realised that I did not have enough track because two turnouts from the previous layout are omitted from the new plan.

From the previous post in this series you will see that I put myself under some pressure to complete track laying for the west of England mainline before a visitor arrived to play trains next day. This would not be possible without obtaining track from somewhere. Buying online was not an option due to the shipping timescale.

Fortunately, the town in which I live has two model railway shops (a rare occurrence). A quick dash to one of them to buy a length of Peco SL100F and some rail joiners enabled me to complete the track work in time. The pressure is now off and I can continue modelling at a leisurely pace.

The turnout in the photo on the far left will connect to a small, three road storage/fiddle yard that will be hidden by a bridge embankment in due course.

I am so grateful that my town still boasts model shops. I wonder how long they will last since many modellers buy online these days to get the best deal.

To Part 14.

To Part 1.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...