About Comments

Comments are enabled on all postings. Click a posting to find the comment box. Comments are moderated and appear after my review.

Tuesday, 22 December 2015

Blast From The Past

Browsing RMWEB I came across a link to an archive of 1960s Railway Modeller (11 mags) - complete, scanned pages to browse. I quickly browsed the contents page of each magazine for anything of interest and found a construction article for Axminster Water Tower.

Now, Axminister is similar in some respects to Crewkerne WT, which is my particular interest and so I read the article and was amazed to read that the author was none other than M.A. Randall, who was the inspiration for my own layout Misterton. He wrote several articles during the 1960s about his layout Crewminster but I had not seen this article before.

 Link


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...